Makilen – about us
Experienced staff members, interesting programs and a friendly atmosphere make our Polish school for foreigners the right choice for you.
Polish language school for foreigners in Krakow
Who are we?
Makilen is a language school in Krakow, specializing in teaching Polish as a foreign language. The school was created for tourists visiting Poland on short stays, and for those who decide to stay in Poland for longer or even permanently.
We believe that knowing the Polish language allows for a more comfortable life in our country and helps to avoid the negative effects of culture shock.
Our goal is to help foreigners master the Polish language, both at a basic level - so that they can feel more comfortable and be able to cope with everyday activities and communicate with the Poles, and at an advanced level - so that they can broaden their knowledge and be able to fully participate in their family, student and/or professional lives.
Our language school offers numerous general courses - regular and intensive courses at all levels, as well as specialized courses and examination programs.
We are currently offering the following courses for foreigners wishing to learn the Polish language:
1) General courses - General Polish Courses
– Trimester Polish courses
– Semester Polish courses
2) Survival Polish courses
3) Preparatory Polish courses
4) Summer Polish School
5) Specialist programmes – Business Polish, Medical Polish
6) Individual lessons
Where are we located?
Our head office is located in Krakow – a magical city of artists, students and lovers.
The former Polish capital city is known for its rich history, numerous world class monuments and captivating cultural events. It’s famous for its exquisitely colourful social and student life. Students come to Krakow from all over the world, and a visit to this city has become a must for foreign tourists.
Our school is located in the city centre, in a very well-communicated area. We are close to the main train station (Dworzec Główny) and Galeria Krakowska (a popular shopping centre).
The school is just 10 minutes away on foot from the Main Square, but you can also easily get to the school by public transport (bus, tram, train) or by car (there is plenty of parking space around the school).
What characterizes us?
– have a Master´s degree in linguistics,
– have undergone thorough methodological training,
– have finished post-graduate studies/specialized courses (including teaching Polish as a foreign language),
– are constantly improving their professional qualifications,
– have extensive experience in conducting classes for groups as well as for individuals at all levels of proficiency,
– work with students of all ages and from different cultural backgrounds,
Our language school does not employ students or anyone without professional experience.
Respect for our students and their individual needs
– each student is unique to us – we carefully listen to their questions and find solutions to their language problems,
– to make learning as effective as possible, we conduct individual lessons and we teach in small groups too. As a result, our teachers can get to know each student and identify their strengths and weaknesses. This allows us to introduce appropriate modifications to the curriculum and adapt it to suit each individual’s needs.
– we are constantly expanding our offer of courses giving our students more options to choose from.
– we also create “on demand” courses (e.g. industry specific language courses), having a client’s specific requirements in mind.
A friendly environment
– owing to small groups, our teachers get to know their students quickly and build friendly relationships with them.
– we enjoy talking to our students – not only in the classroom but also during special meetings and tours.
– during our workshops, our students get to learn about Polish traditions and get a better understanding of the Polish culture.
– classes are taught by friendly and understanding teachers who know how to engage students to fully participate in lessons and use their language skills.
– each student can always count on getting support from our teachers and office staff in organizational matters, as well as in those related to their stay in Krakow.